Last week our Compliance Director, James Mallick, gave evidence to the House of Lords Horticultural Sector Committee about the Seasonal Worker Scheme. Hopefully the session clearly set out the good work done by both operators and the horticulture industry, that the majority of workers have a good experience and brought some much-needed balance to the discussion.
The session covered some key topics including:
- Our role as Scheme Operators (Sponsors);
- Our experience and evidence of worker experience;
- Our recruitment processes;
- Fraudulent activity in the scheme;
- Demand for labour;
- Our suggestions on how to improve the scheme.
The session can be watched here.